Monday, January 27, 2014

Pottery Barn Look 4 Less!


Happy Monday and thanks again for all the love by following my blog!   Today, while I am putting some final touches on my office, I am recapping a Pottery Barn Look for Less I did a few days ago on my Facebook page.

 You may have noticed that Indigo is a current color trend seen in Pottery Barn, West Elm, Home Decorators, etc.  Most of the home décor magazines coming in my mailbox are featuring shades of this gorgeous hue in home accessories.

source: indulgy.com
 
 
source:  West Elm
 
I absolutely love this color, but like most of us, can't justify spending a ton of money on new accessories. (i.e. husband will go crazy if I keep spending on accessories) So when I came across this Pottery Barn image, I knew I could DIY it for less to show you how to add some of this color in your home on the cheap! Let me show you how easy it is.
These beautiful Ikat prints can be purchased at Pottery Barn for $159 each.  I created a similar look using a $9.99 Ikea Ribba frame and pieces of Indigo Ikat fabrics behind the glass to create a look for less.  Each fabric choice you see here is about $5- $15 per yard and you would only need about a half a yard for each picture. Easy and cheap! (a.k.a. keeping hubby happy!)
 
You could add one or two of these prints in just about any room or use several to create a gallery wall in the bedroom, living room, hallway or entryway like the Pottery Barn look shows.  I am thinking of adding two in my powder room for a nice pop of color as well as creating a few to use in homes that I stage that have a room needing artwork/color on the wall. The great thing about these is that if you get tired of the print, you can easily remove the fabric and choose any other fabric and print and change the look. 
 
Have you been noticing the blue/indigo trend?  Thought about adding it in your home?  If you did, give me the deets...how and where did you use it? 
 
Xo,
Jeanne

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved PB's indigo issue! I've never been much of an indigo girl, but the issue changed my mind. What a great look for less! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Brooke! So glad you liked the look. :)

      Delete