Thursday, January 23, 2014

Welcome to ReStyle Home Staging!

Welcome and thanks for taking a moment to check out my new blog- I'm glad you're here!  If you follow my Facebook page, you already know that I recently turned my obsession with Interior Decorating and DIY projects into a career by becoming an Accredited Home Staging Professional and starting my own staging and color consultation business- ReStyle Home Staging!

I am beyond excited to start sharing my home staging adventures with you as well as ideas that you can use in your own home to make it reflect your style on a budget.  My own home is a mix of items from stores like Pottery Barn and West Elm as well as Goodwill and Craigslist finds that I've made over and I LOVE the challenge of taking an existing piece of furniture or accessory and reusing or restyling it in a different way to work for your home.  I hope you'll follow along with me as I share my ideas. 

If you plan to sell your home and/or know a realtor that would like to get their listings sold faster and for top dollar, please share my information.  I'd love to show them how I can help! There are so many advantages of staging a home on the market.  Think about this....if you've been in the market for a new home, where did you start your search?  Online, right?  Would you jump at the chance to see this home after seeing this kitchen in the listing photos?



Only 10% of home buyers can see what a home "could be", so 90% of the people who view this listing photo would just move on.  In the case of this kitchen, just completing some major decluttering and adding in some color through minimal accessories would create a much better first impression and give the potential buyer the feeling that the home is well cared for. Notice, I did not even mention painting or changing out the oak cabinets.  There is a lot that can be done to restyle this space without the investment of changing the cabinets.   Here is a great example:


source: Remodelaholic

In this kitchen, bronze hardware was added to the oak cabinets and pops of turquoise and yellow were used in accessories maintaining a clean, uncluttered look.  What a difference!

I'll be using my blog to share more ideas like this one that apply to staging a home for sale, making your home your own, DIY restyle ideas and more.  I hope you'll continue to follow me and share your comments too!  I love hearing your thoughts!

Xo,
Jeanne

 












No comments:

Post a Comment