Monday, March 31, 2014

Vacant Staging on a Budget

Once again, it's been a while,  but I've got a great ReStyle to share with you today, so hope you'll forgive my absence!

When I met with the homeowners of this adorable home, they had already purchased a new home, scheduled movers to take all of their furnishings out and had planned to list the home vacant.  After a little coaxing, I convinced them to leave a few pieces for me to use for staging.   Vacant homes truly do not show as well as furnished homes. In a vacant home, buyers do not get an accurate concept of the size of the rooms, flaws are more exposed and the home does not evoke emotion- buyers have a harder time visualizing themselves living in the home. 

With a few pieces for use in each room, it was then time for me to really work some magic, staging only with the items they left for me and some of the items in my own small inventory. I LOVE a challenge like this where I have the opportunity to get really creative to make a house shine without a big budget to rent any large pieces.  I am really excited to show you some before and afters of this home that was staged on a budget- it's what ReStyle Home Staging is all about!

Kitchen Before
 
 
Kitchen After Staging
 

The kitchen was decluttered/packed.  I brought in just a few accessories and installed a tin tile back splash above the stove for only $50.

Living Room After
 
I failed to get a good"Before" picture of the living room, but all furniture was moved out. The only items I had left in this room were the art on the wall, the rug and the brown shelf you now see used as the base of the coffee table.  I brought in the slipper chairs, pillows, throw and a few coffee table accessories.  We grabbed the lamp  and side table from another room and the client DIY'd the coffee table by painting a piece of wood black for the top and turning a shelf on its side to use as the base.  The client and I made a great team cozying up the living room with minimal furnishings.  You'll also notice that we did not even change the orange paint color in this room or the kitchen.  The furnishings and accessories used complimented this warm color.
 
 
Master Bedroom Before

 

Master Bedroom After
  In this room, I chose to have the Master painted  a neutral color, which made the room appear brighter and larger.  The client left the bedding and round mirror in the Master. I used a queen airmatress to create the bed with the round mirror placed above.  I also brought in the end table, lamp, artwork and throw pillows from my inventory.  Ideally, we would have had another end table and lamp on the opposite side of the bed, but again, you can see what can be done to make a bedroom look inviting on a budget.  Remember, this room would have otherwise been left vacant for potential buyers.
 
Bathroom Before
 

  
 Bathroom After
 
 This room only required some simple decluttering and accessorizing and a replacement vanity light fixture (not pictured).  After upgrading the light fixture for $20 and adding in a few fresh towels and a candle, the bathroom is ready for buyers! 
 
 Screened Porch Before
 

 
Screened Porch After
 
 The clients worked to clean out everything that was being stored in the screened porch and left a clean, bright space for me to work with.  I brought in the chairs, garden stool and accessories to create a cozy seating area out here.  This porch is now going to be a major selling feature!
 
Guest Bedroom Before
 
 


Guest Bedroom After
 This room was left with only the curtains, artwork and the luggage rack after the client moved.  I bought in a twin aerobed, bedding and throw pillows only.  I used the artwork above the bed as a "headboard", placed the bed on the window wall as a focal point, removed the swag on the curtain panels and rehung the curtains wider to emphasize the large window.  I also used the luggage rack between two closet doors as a accent piece.  The client brought in a vintage suitcase to add in after this picture was taken.   Another example of creating a cozy guest room with minimal furnishingincs and accessories that potential buyers can see themselves in.
 
I am feeling confident that with staging and the right price point, this little gem will go fast!  Kudos to my amazing client who so readily took my advice to stage, was completely active in helping me stage the house and even took her own incredible listing photos (all of the AFTER photos I've shown you and MORE!)
 
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the staging done in this home, so  feel free to leave me a comment!  I'll keep you updated on my facebook page when this one gets the offer!
 
Like/Follow me at: www.facebook/restylehome
 
Xo,
Jeanne
 








1 comment:

  1. Nicely done, Jeanne! The "after" photos show a remarkable transformation. Kudos! - Jeff

    ReplyDelete