Friday, February 7, 2014

Guest Room DIY headboard

Happy Friday!  We're kicking off a three day weekend here in Austin as school was cancelled due to a possible ice day.  There's no sign of ice yet, and being from Chicago originally, I have a hard time not laughing at the many delays or cancellations we've had this year, but I won't complain about the extra time with my sweet kiddo!  Note....when I say "extra" time, I mean he's in the other room playing Minecraft while I'm blogging. :) 

Anyway, I thought I'd follow up yesterdays post with a post about the DIY headboard I created for our guest room.  It's an easy way for you to get an upholstered headboard for less.  First, let's look at the headboard that inspired mine.






My version






We still need to hang it on the wall, so it will sit a bit higher on the bed, but I am already in LOVE with it and the total cost was $60 versus $499 for the West Elm headboard. 

To give credit where it is due, I followed the tutorial from http://freckleschick.blogspot.com/ to make my headboard.  Here's the details:  DIY Nailhead headboard

I'm not a bad copy cat, right???  

If you're really feeling creative, she also made another gorgeous curvy one here:  DIY nailhead trim headboard- the sequel.  Have fun with your choice of fabric and even try one of these shapes: Headboard shapes.

Do you think you'll give this one a try?  If you've created your own version, leave me a link to it in the comments,  I would LOVE to check it out!!

Have a GREAT weekend and stay warm! LOL

Xo,
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment